The modem router utilizes integrated VDSL2 transceiver and high speed MIPS CPU. The modem router supports full-rate VDSL2 connectivity conforming to the ITU and ANSI specifications.
In addition to the basic DMT physical layer functions, the VDSL2 PHY supports dual latency VDSL2 framing (fast and interleaved) and the I.432 ATM Physical Layer.
The modem router provides up to 300Mbps (2.4GHz) wireless connection with other 802.11n wireless clients. The incredible speed makes it ideal for handling multiple data streams at the same time, which ensures your network stable and smooth. The performance of this 802.11n wireless Router will give you the unexpected networking experience at speed much faster than 802.11g. It is also compatible with all IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11b products.
With multiple protection measures, including SSID broadcast control and wireless LAN 64/128 WEP encryption, Wi-Fi protected Access (WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK), as well as advanced Firewall protections, the modem router provides complete data privacy.
The modem router provides flexible access control, so that parents or network administrators can establish restricted access policies for children or staff. It also supports Virtual Server and DMZ host for Port Triggering, and then the network administrators can manage and monitor the network in real time with the remote management function.
1. Plug router into a power source.
2. If you have dedicated VDSL2 jack-point installed by Chorus, plug phone(DSL) cable from wall jack-point to VDSL port of TD-W9970.
3. If you have normal shared wall jack-point, plug phone(DSL) cable from wall jack-point to VDSL port of TD-W9970.
4. Connect your PC to the router. Connect your PC or network switch to LAN1-LAN4 port. (refer above picture)
5. Go to the router’s access page in your browser.
Open your browser and type http://192.168.1.1
into the address bar
Then, you can see the login page. The default username and password is admin.
**Do not mix up the user name and password with your ADSL account user name and password which are needed for PPP connections.
6. Start setup wizard. After successfully log in, you will see the Login screen. Click Quick Setup menu to access Quick Setup Wizard and then click Next.
Select your Region and Time Zone from the drop-down list, then click Next.
The modem router supports auto detection mode. Choose No and then click Next.
Select ISP from ISP List. Choose others.
Input all others same as below(Enable Vlan ID, 10 for VLAN ID, PPPoE for Connection Type) and click Next.
Enter the fields for PPP Authentication.
- Username : Put your username for PPPoE authentication.
- Password : Put the password for your username
- Confirm password : Type the password one more time
7. 3G/4G – leave the tickbox unticked. And click Next.
8. Wireless Configuration
Check Wireless is Enable.
- Wireless Network Name : The name you can see among available wireless networks.
- Channel : Leave it as default, Auto
- Mode : 11bgn mixed
- Security : Select WPA2-PSK/WPA2-PSK recommended
- Password : Put the password which will be used for your WIFI authentication. It should be better to set this easy to remember and hard to guess. Keep it safe once it’s done.
Click Next to continue.
9. Summary You will see the Summary screen below, click Save to make your settings take effect.
Once all settings are successfully saved, you can see below screen.
Click Finish to complete.
10. Connect WIFI. Once above configurations are done, next is to check the wireless connection.
Go to your PC, search SSID you set at step8 from the available WIFI networks.
Put WIFI password you configured at step 8 into popup window.
11. Congratulations. You should now have a fully functioning and secure TP-Link TD-W9970 VDSL2 router.